Rotorua in Spring.
Things to do in Rotorua
Rotorua is the adventure capital of the North Island and also the perfect place to relax. Explore our list of activities that will cater to everyone from adrenaline junkies to scenic spectators and provide a true taste of Rotorua.
- Mountain Biking Rotorua - explore the famous Redwoods trails.
- Rainbow Springs - family friendly wildlife nature park.
- Agroadventures - offering experiences for all levels of adrenaline.
- Skyline Rotorua - a must do, stunning views and the popular luge.
- Whakarewarewa Village - a living Maori village, next to the hotel.
- Agrodome - experience life through the eyes of a New Zealand farmer.
- Rotorua Walkways - over 26km of walkways in eight sections.
- Rotorua Duck Tours - explore lakes and land on the duck.
- Government Gardens - enjoy views of Rotorua historic buildings.
- Arikikapakapa Golf Course - located only 500m from the hotel.
- OGO Rotorua - roll down a winding hill inside a giant ball!
- Rotorua Spa & Hot Pools - enjoy Rotorua’s geothermal areas.
Where to dine in Rotorua?
Rotorua has so many amazing spots to eat and caters to all tastes and budgets. Take a look at some of the great options our team as pulled together.
Rotorua Quick Bites
Best Rotorua Restaurants
Rotorua on Social Media
As one of the most beautiful spots in New Zealand, there is no shortage of stunning photos of Rotorua on social media. Here is a little more inspiration to book from our guests.
Located on the edge of the spectacular Redwood forest and overlooking Whakarewarewa Geothermal Reserve, Holiday Inn Rotorua is the perfect hotel to explore all Rotorua’s activities. Your room will be comfortable and may include a balcony, geyser views, or easy access to our outdoor heated pool.
Available room types:
We want to make sure that even the little ones are treated to some fun while on holiday. Our VIK program comes packed with fun activities and great family discounts to some of Rotorua’s most fun activities.
Why Families Book At Holiday Inn Rotorua
- Kids packs for children
- Children dine free at Chapman’s Restaurant with a paying adult/s*.
- Free use of the outdoor pool and pool toys
- Two Disney channels on the in-room TV
- Unlimited Wi-Fi for up to four devices when one parent signs up to IHG Rewards Club (free to sign up)
Kids must be 12 or under to stay and dine for free.
Going on holiday to Rotorua means more than just relaxing. Going on holiday to Rotorua means: Rejuvenating. Revitalising. Refreshing. Renewing. Recharging.
Rotorua has no shortage of health, wellness and spa treatments to indulge in while in Rotorua. We have compiled an informative article to help you decide where you would like to go.
- Waikite Valley Thermal Pools
- Hells Gate Geothermal Mud Bath Spa
- Polynesian Spa
- The Blue Baths
- Wakitoria Maori Healing
Be Entertained And Escape To Rotorua.
Book before 31 December
Stay between 1 September – 31 December.
*Subject to availability, limited rooms.
Why Stay With Holiday Inn Rotorua
- Kids Stay & Eat Free
- Two Queen Beds Rooms and Interconnecting Rooms Available
- Unlimited Wi-Fi Access*
- Sky Movies, Sky Sports and Kids Television Channels
- Year Round Thermally Heated Pool
- Daily Shuttle Service
- Mountain Biking Storage and Washing Facilities
*For IHG Rewards Club Members